RPG Style Game. Every Position Needed!

Started by
21 comments, last by AverageGuyBigDreams 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some people to join my team to create a rpg style of game. I have some details of the game worked out but I'm open to suggestions. I want the game to be like a mix of the Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls. I can explain more if you would like me to please message me!

I'm looking for programmers, 3d modelers, game designers, musician, anything really!

This is a really ambitious project that has no guarantees. This game is all about creating an amazing experience for the next generation. I want to give them the same amazing experience that I had with games that I grew up with.

Anyways, please message me if you are interested.

Thanks!!!!!!

Advertisement

I too am an average guy. More so a hobbiest. I am interested in doing a RPG game. Often I get so far and get stuck on ideas. Maybe together we could fill in the blanks for each other and progress on. I am still trying to connect the dots in C++. I can do some coding, get a little stuck on interacting with graphics drivers. Also interested in VB, Blitz3D.

Sincerely interested. Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained. If it does not work out, Oh Well!!

Your Brain contains the Best Program Ever Written : Manage Your Data Wisely !!

Would help if you put up the programming language, engine, resources, etc...

I can help you in the music department. :)

YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF MY POST!

Please take a moment to reflect on the awesomeness of whatever you just read...

...then continue on your merry way.

...also, don't take this seriously...

I think people will appreciate it a lot if you'd tell them what your role in the project is.

From your current post it looks to people like you want to be the idea guy

and usually people do not want to work with the idea guy.

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/business/production-and-management/never-team-up-with-the-idea-guy-r3088

Hey guys. I am pretty new to the forums. I would like to join your team.

About me:

My name is Simon, i am 21 and from germany. I am a student at the Technical University of Dortmund in 'electronic engineering'.

I also have many as i think great ideas for Games and more, but i dont see myself as the Idea-guy. I rather get active then thinking about it.

My Skills:

-Programming

I can porgramm in C++, and i know the basics of C# and Java.

- Modeling

I am a intermediate 3d modeler, i am still lerning but improoving from time to time. Texturing is still pretty hard, i am still trying to get the hang of it.

- Video editing

I can edit Videos, make them look professional, work with FX and much more. I know the 'rules' of editing and how to use the colorisation as an advantage for different generes.

If you want we can speak together. I also prefer using TS³, instead of skype or other software, I can also provide a TS³ server to meet up with you guys if you like. If you want to use skype or similar programms instead, thats fine for me too.

Best regards.

Hey I like your idea of making a game. If you say that anyone helping is good for you then I would like to join your team. Unfortunately I can't program in many different programming languages. I am very familiar with Java. So if you are looking for a programmer that knows Java then I could join the team.

Besides my knowledge in Java and Eclipse IDE, I do have worked with LWJGL and OpenGL and 3D programming on the game-engine-side things. (I really am not a pro in this and just got into this topic some weeks ago). But I want to join a team which is making a game in LWJGL OpenGL.

So if you are interested please send me a message.

I can help you in the music department. :)

Yes, I'd love that! Send me a message!

I think people will appreciate it a lot if you'd tell them what your role in the project is.

From your current post it looks to people like you want to be the idea guy

and usually people do not want to work with the idea guy.

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/business/production-and-management/never-team-up-with-the-idea-guy-r3088T

That's a very good point. I also want to point out that someone has to have an idea of where to start. When you say idea guy, I'm assuming you mean someone that does nothing but comes up with the ideas so it can be very frustrating for the team that works with him to fully understand and deliver exactly what he wants. I will be coding, (attempting) 3d modeling, and anything else that I can. (I didn't click on the link, sorry)

Hey guys. I am pretty new to the forums. I would like to join your team.

About me:

My name is Simon, i am 21 and from germany. I am a student at the Technical University of Dortmund in 'electronic engineering'.

I also have many as i think great ideas for Games and more, but i dont see myself as the Idea-guy. I rather get active then thinking about it.

My Skills:

-Programming

I can porgramm in C++, and i know the basics of C# and Java.

- Modeling

I am a intermediate 3d modeler, i am still lerning but improoving from time to time. Texturing is still pretty hard, i am still trying to get the hang of it.

- Video editing

I can edit Videos, make them look professional, work with FX and much more. I know the 'rules' of editing and how to use the colorisation as an advantage for different generes.

If you want we can speak together. I also prefer using TS³, instead of skype or other software, I can also provide a TS³ server to meet up with you guys if you like. If you want to use skype or similar programms instead, thats fine for me too.

Best regards.

Yeah, definitely If you have anything to show that would be great in terms of work that you have done. But overall yes, send me a message and we'll discuss more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement