Problem with SDL...

Started by
21 comments, last by HolyFish 22 years, 4 months ago
No, there is no call to messagebox.

But I am a genius.

The problem was the libraries you told me to link, Null and Void. While they belonged there, too, so did a few other default ones that you told me to replace. I re-added them and it works like a charm!

I needed all of these .libs:

msvcrt.lib libc.lib libcp.lib sdl.lib sdlmain.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib

Everything else was O.K. and there was no call to MessageBox anywhere.

Thank you guys for your help!
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Advertisement
I apologize for not responding sooner, holiday weekend and all. The code I posted compiles fine for me, but linking is indeed an issue. The easiest way to get SDL to link using MSVC++ is to do the following.

1. Go to Project->Settings->C++->Code Generations: Set Use Runtime Library to Debug Multithreaded DLL

2. Go to Project->Settings->Link add SDL.lib and SDL main.lib to the exisiting Object/library modules path. Also, add msvcrt to the Ignore libraries path.

This should get you up and running. If you have any questions, please email me at the address below. Thanks.

-----------------------------
kevin@mayday-anime.com
http://games.mayday-anime.com
-----------------------------kevin@mayday-anime.comhttp://www.mayday-anime.com
Thanks. I got it working a few days ago, and I am on to tutorial two now. These tutorials are really good. I can''t wait to see more!

------------------------------
(Since noone seems to look at the article proposal forums..)
Interested in Flash tutorials on GameDev? Speak Up Here!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement