[SharpDX] SharpDXException while creating Device

Started by
4 comments, last by ErnieDingo 7 years, 9 months ago

Hi Everyone!

I have a problem with learning about SharpDX.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Nvidia GeForce GTX750TI if it matters.

The SharpDX's version 2.6.3 is working for me, but any newer version is throwing the SharpDXException at SharpDX.dll Additional information: HRESULT: [0x887A0001], Module: [SharpDX.DXGI], ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown.

Always when I'm using the method 'Device.CreateWithSwapChain'.

It cannot be my fault because even code from samples is doing this if I'm using the 3.0 version. Only version 2.6.3 and older are working for me.

Can anyone help me with handling this error ?

Advertisement

Did you install the Windows SDK? I believe that it is required to develop D3D11 applications on windows 7.

@turnpast

Yes, and as I mentioned " Only version 2.6.3 and older are working for me".

Any other ideas ?

Sorry, I have not been doing DX stuff recently and have not tired sharpdx version 3 yet. My only suggestion is to try getting your device and swap chain in a different way (use DXGI directly) and try to figure out if the problem is with getting the device or creating the swap chain. Dunno if there are any examples of this the current docs for sharpdx are a little weak so you may have to spend some time in the msdn C++ docs.

@turnpast

Well, I've sent those samples to my friends with the same System and Visual Studio.

Those samples are working for them :(.

Hi, I think this was raised as an issue in Sharpdx github. And I can confirm the same issue occurs on 3.0.0+. Its the directx Library, the version of DirectX 11 (i assume you are using this), is not available on Win 7 or 8, the updates Direct X Libraries are only available in 10.

I found this out the reverse, I have built a game in Sharpdx 3.0.2 and sent it to a friend with Win 7. It gave a direct X version error.

Anyway, this maybe your problem. Apparently you can put a local copy of the dll's in your app folder and load them, I have not tried this. Try your code on a win 10 machine.

Hope this helps.

Indie game developer - Game WIP

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement