• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

how rsa works on texts and signals?

This topic is 678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi.

i was wondering which place is best for my question and i found this. if its wrong move it.

i know basics of rsa cryptography but it works on numbers and not not on texts. does it use ascii code to encrypte words letter by letter? can you give me a good explanation and example? so the changing place of words and letters will not happen? i want to know is it possible to encrypte signals like voices and pictures by RSA? thank you for helping

Advertisement

If you really want to know how to encrypt large data like an audio clip, get the book called Applied Cryptography 20th Anniversary Edition.

In the book, it gives an example how to break up the message (the data converted to an integer) into tiny pieces (3 digits each) and encrypt the lot of them. Of course, larger pieces can be used so long as each piece is less than p*q, where p and q are large prime numbers.

Edited by sjhalayka

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!