• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Funkodysse

Is its possible to draw a 3D cube without lifting the pen?

This topic is 6209 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi there. i would like to know if its possible to draw a 3D cube without lifting the pen and without drawing in the same line that has already been drawn?. could anyone give me the cordinates for such a 3D cube. Edited by - Funkodysse on November 21, 2001 12:21:05 PM

Advertisement
Haven''t put too much thought into this, but I really don''t think it''s possible. I''ve spent 5 minutes doing this, and I can''t find any way whatsoever.

When you draw your first line, and then your second, that leaves a third, unused line in that corner - where the drawing must end. However, when you arrive the next corner, the same thing occurs, leaving one unused line. ~ You can''t have 2 ending positions.

~ There''s no substitute for failure ~

no, it is impossible.
you can only draw something without lifting the pen when two or less nodes (corners in your case) have an odd number of paths leading to/from it. if there are two odd-numbered nodes, they will be the starting and ending point.
i have no idea why i know this (i must have learned it in some math class or something, years ago).

--- krez (krezisback@aol.com)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!