• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Davidtse

Can't get anything to render to secondary render pass attachments.

This topic is 803 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can't for the life of me get this to work. I have my render pass, sub pass, and framebuffer all set up with my attachments, but my shader refuses to write anything to them. I can get them to each clear to a different color, but shader only writes to first attachment. Depth works fine.

I also tried swapping the images between the primary and other attachments and still exact same results. I would post code, but I don't even know what part is the problem. If you want to see some specific code to help me track down the issue that's not an issue.

I feel like i'm missing something stupid. Do I have to explicitly put something in the pipeline or descriptor sets to be able to write to other attachments? If someone could quickly give me a high level overview on what needs to be done to write to a non primary attachment or provide any insight on why this might be happening I would really appreciate it.

Edited by DavidTse

Advertisement

Ok I got a fix for the problem for any one else having the same issue. I wasn't creating a VkPipelineColorBlendAttachmentState for each attachment which you need to do. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!