Musical Genius

Started by
2 comments, last by Drizzt DoUrden 22 years, 4 months ago
Musical Genius: Do any of you know what Emo is? Its a combination of pop, punk, and a little bit of trance. I am not a big fan of pop or trance.. but Emo is just some of the best stuff I have ever heard. Check out the band Jimmy Eat World. www.jimmyeatworld.net Listen to their song called The Middle under Multimedia. I think this is the most genius type of music out so far. Whats your opinion?
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Advertisement
I saw it on MTV, it''s OK. But where did you hear *trance* in this song ?? Punk OK, a little bit, but trance ? This song is billion lightyears away from trance, so I was just wondering..
yes, Emo does have punk influence. And it also does have pop influence. But it's more like emotional punk/hardcore.
thats where they got the name Emo = Emotional. If you like this style you might want to check out "Saves the Day" and "Face to Face" and a lot of punk bands have emo flavor to it, especially new school/pop punk. I'm also wondering how on earth you got trance from emo? Thats just rediculous, either you don't know what trance sounds like or you're crazy :D

I was in an Emo/punk band

Edited by - JAXX on November 22, 2001 3:44:36 AM
I never really liked Saves the Day that much, but they are ok. Their older stuff is not that great.

I got trance because trance is meant to set you into a certain mood.

Check out Jimmy Eat World song called "Bleed American" too. Its better than The Middle.

Emo is cool music but general punk rock (like NoFX, MxPx, Pennywise, Weezer, etc) will always rule.

Is the band Filter Emo, too? They sound like a mix of pop, punk and trance also.

Artificial intelligence is the devil... resist intelligent NPC''s

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement