• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win32: Am I Ever Safe?

This topic is 5940 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is is ever safe to use MessageBox within a WM_PAINT message? When I do (for debugging purposes only), my program will often behave erratically, and Windows will sometimes fall over completely. Is there a safer way of display a message that doesn''t involve MesssageBox (or a way to use MessageBox safely)? All your bases belong to us (I know. It''s irony.)

Advertisement
I have a related question. The answer might help Mayrel. Is there anything in VC++ that is the equivilent(sp?) of the VB command debug.print?

Edited by - Xelot on November 21, 2001 3:22:09 PM

xelot:
you mean something that will send a message to debug window in vc++ so you can read it after your program ends? yes there is something like that in vc++, unfortunetly I don''t remember this command name because i don''t use it. I simple create a error.log file and store all information there. It''s very handy because even when your program crashes vc++/OS(happens to me quite often) I''m still able to locate the problem using error.log which is correctly stored. (to make it so, you have to open/close it everytime you write additional data to it)
hope it helps a bit.

With best regards,
Mirek Czerwiñski
http://kris.top.pl/~kherin/

Guest Anonymous Poster
debug.print -> OutputDebugString

I think the error log approach is superior - don''t have to write down addresses and such that way.

• Advertisement