• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Keanu_Barnard

Looking For Programmer Experience/work !

This topic is 827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey ,

?I am looking to fill a position that will allow me to enhance and grow my programming skills in a team or partnership. I am extremely dedicated and am a strong beliver in effort and self-determination. I have since a child dreamt of becoming a Lead World breaking Call of duty building , Rise on Nations master Game Designer but as I have aged have slowly grown to see the practicality of doing what I want to do. Before I go further into what I'm looking for I just want to say a little bit about my self to give you an idea of my position. This next paragraph isn't relevant so you can skip to the third if you wish

I live in Australia Melbourne , my mother and I had to move to Australia from New Zealand  for stupid reasons. I have been here for 6 years now , and moved here when I was ten. I always dreamt of becoming a Game Developer and will never give up on that ideal scenario in my head. I recently left school which had a huge impact on my life and my relationship with my mum , I left because my school only supported 1 programming subject for year 11 and one for year 12. I left school and immediately tried to move into a Certificate IV in Information Technology and Networking then into a Diploma of Software Development , but fell short because I wasn't eligible for Government funding because I wasn't an Australian Citizen and my mother doesn't have enough money to pay for it. In one month I tried my hardest to get a job and gain enough money to pay for it , but manage to land an under the table Tiling job that had me work irregular hours , 6 days a week and for 350$ a week. Knowing that I was being ripped off I quit the job and tried to go back to school , I went back to school and got denied re-entrance into year 11 for I had missed out on too many core assessments , assignments and tests and was given the chance to repeat year 10 in order to re-do year 11. I declined the offer and continued to look for a new job to get a computer and pay off for both a computer and the Certificate and Diploma. Luckily my old friend from schools dad offered me a job to work in a factory. I am 16 and am working in an Aluminium Production Factory(Extrusions is the name of the company)  from 6am to 3pm (Monday to Friday) I received my first pay and straight away bought a Computer so that I can study and do work on.

?

Anyway , I am intrested in almost every single game except mystery puzzle solving games. I am the strongest and most dedicated worker and am looking for a team to join for pay or even just experience , I need to put a foot In the door some how and I need help from some one to get me there. I programmed a lot in GML ( Game Maker language ) and have spent days on end in the free library computers studying C# . Even though I havnt had a personal computer .I believe I am at that level on understanding in which I know how things can be done or I understand how things work and what stuff does I just don't know how to implement or use those skills in languages such as C# , or Java . GML I believe I am very strong and can write code efficiently in. To sum I am looking for a team to join and or if someone would like to offer there knowledge perhaps someone to learn with or someone that could teach me
I will reply almost instantly if I am not at work , I look forward to working with you.
?Please contact me through : keanu.barnardd@gmail.com 

?Thanks , Keanu

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!