• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ComboSmooth

Light/glow Fx In Unity

This topic is 792 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not sure if this the right place to ask this question but  here i go...

[attachment=32662:WRKO_MahruPOOL_DarkForest_FortifiedPool_Refine_OPEN_v004.jpg]

The object in the middle is emitting a glow and that's what I am trying to figure out how to get.

The objects have been modeled in Maya and are going to be rendered out to 2D images and used in Unity.

would someone be able to tell me a good way of achieving that glow, preferably within maya or unity.

Advertisement

In Unity you can just use a emission texture, to get actual light you will add a light object to the scene.

In Maya again you add a emission texture. You can also add a blue sprite over the render and use a "add effect". Can also be done in post processing.

Easiest way to do it in Maya is just to add a bright blue light with some smeared blue billboards.

This is a easy to achieve effect with hundreds of ways to do it .

If you want I can upload a example for you, I know I am not good at explaining.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!