Professional Programmer Seeking Fun Side Project

Started by
4 comments, last by GeneralJist 7 years, 7 months ago

Hello everyone

I am an experienced software developer with over 2 years in the industry, working with web technology and currently work as a full stack developer.

I have had a lot of prior exposure to programming before my career kicked off, and have dabbled a bit into graphics APIs such as SDL, OpenGL, SFML, and played with the Unity Engine a bit, but never got too serious about it. I can handle any programming language or technology that is used / decided upon.

I am at a point where I'm looking for some fun work to do on the side, and keep myself challenged, while nothing too seriously involved, but it would be cool to meet people with similar interests and share a passion for building great software, whether you're in product development, graphic design, or sound, etc. I can also offer guidance on more of a senior developer level where appropriate.

I am very good with communication, and easy to get a long with, no social issues, I will be opinionated at points though, so you can at least expect that from me.

I do work a full time job with a company so my time is will be more limited to after work hours and weekends.

If anyone is seeking a developer with my experience for something fun to do on the side just shoot me message.

Hope to hear back! :)

Advertisement

Hey James!

I am actually looking for someone that can teach me and my friends the Unity Engine (by teach I mean, lead a project that we'll be working on; we do have some experience with the Unity Engine), since having someone working with you is a much better way of learning than tutorials. So if you'd like, we could make a project together! PM me to discuss some details if you accept!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you won't be paid for this, this is just to have fun and learn.

Have a nice day! :)

Hey James,

I'm a student and programmer as well. lately I've been working on a 2D animation program for help with JFX game development. I am familiar with C++

although primarily work with Java. I know what SFML is too, I believe it is a 2D windowing library which allows programmers to access OpenGL in C++.

I am interested in hobby weekend stuff too, and finding a buddy as well.

reverie.sakana@gmail.com, you can email me or add me on Skype.

Thanks

Hello James,

I'm a self learned 3D designer, 2D Artist (illustration, texture and so). And im looking for a some one who can colaborate for a Unity Game project.

I don't know suficient programming to make a game alone. So i need help to continue a project of my own, mostly for fun just like you. Its not a High end AAA project, just a fun project with potential.

If is of your interest, contact me than i can tell you everything about it. PM me or mail me davibez@gmail.com

Thanks" See ya.

just curious, what is "fun" to a programmer like yourself? is it the challenge of doing something new and it keeps you up all night trying to figure out how to code it better? or is there a game category that you like to program? and what do you want to avoid as a programmer? i want to know what makes a programmer tick :P

why the #s of course XD....

Are you familiar with XML and or Lua?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement