• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Shoot Space - My Master's Thesis

This topic is 631 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody,

I'm currently nearing the end of my Master's Thesis and now i need players evaluating my game.

My original plan to recruit within my own university is currently failing horribly with only a few friends and family playing my game.

That's why came to you, who hopefully know the feeling, when you're desperately searching for playtesters.

I'm even throwing in a little motivation for you (see below)

The Game itself is a simple space shooter for android named "Shoot Space"(QR-Code below) made with Unity 3D and the UNET matchmaking system.

In every game you play against a boss enemy with randomly generated attack patterns.

These Patterns are randomly generated based on previous choices of the player and the boss always attacks by combining two patterns.

There is a singleplayer mode, a multiplayer mode an upgrade shop and a survey button.

• In singleplayer you fight alone and the patterns are generated based on your previous choices.
    • One pattern is chosen by you and the other one is chosen at random
  • In multiplayer you play online and team up with an ally. Both players choose one pattern each.
  • The upgrade shop offers basic stat upgrades and new ships with special abilities
  • the "Take Survey" button takes you to the survey which i need to evaluate very soon since my deadline is in the middle of august.

For my Thesis i need players who have played both game modes and evaluate the quality and diversity of the attack patterns they have encountered.

Every Player who uploads his survey response from inside the app and sends me an eMail to shoot_space_gutschein@gmx.de with his ingame name, has the chance to win a 5$ gift code for amazon.com or his own respective country if possible.

The 4 steps to taking part in my little lottery:

1. Downlaod the game "Shoot Space"
  2. Play 10 games online and offline each
  3. Take the in-app-survey
  4. send a mail containing your ingame name to shoot_space_gutschein@gmx.de

Important Note:

Since currently I'm still having problems recruiting players, we try to meet online every day at 8 PM German time which is 6 PM UTC due to Daylight saving time.

F3T1QE2.png

Advertisement
Hi,
Tested the single player mode. Boss bullets patterns seem interesting and promising...but quiete messy, they are really hard to read.
But most of all the game need user feedback, I played with no sound and I could not even understand if bullets were here to kill me or to help me...
Good luck

Hi,
Tested the single player mode. Boss bullets patterns seem interesting and promising...but quiete messy, they are really hard to read.
But most of all the game need user feedback, I played with no sound and I could not even understand if bullets were here to kill me or to help me...
Good luck

Hi, thanks for the reply. The bullets coming towards you should be avoided while autmatically firing at the boss.

defeating the boss will yield money, which can then upgrade your ship.

difficulty scales with your wins/losses.

I know that the game still has many points i'd need to fix before i'd release it under normal circumstances.

but since this is for my maser's thesis i'm running out of time and also still have some writing to do.

The ingame explanation certainly needs improvement. ideally even a guided tour through the game, but all of this including art was done by myself within approximately two months including planning and research.

Unfortunately there is no sound/music yet. If somebody can point me to a site where i can get free music and sounds, i might be able to include this in the next update.

Hello again to everybody.

Unfortunately I made a mistake with online multiplayer. Players with older Versions are not explicitly excluded leading to buggy behaviour making the game in such cases where different versions play together unplayable.

If there's somebody out there playing this, please update to the newest version.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement