Professional Programmer Looking For Hobby Project In Unity3D Or Unreal

Started by
8 comments, last by Tkodo 7 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

I am a professional programmer that is looking for a hobby project to do while in school (I will be graduating in 2017). I have six months of professional experience, working with ASP.NET (C#) and doing full-stack stuff. I've been using unity for about 6 years now, so I have a pretty good grasp on how it works and what is and is not possible with it. The areas of Unity that I know the most are:

UNet (I've done an FPS over UNet)

RPG programming
VR
FPS
and I can always do anything platformer related.

I have also used Unreal Engine and I am pretty familiar with it.

Here is a game that I made in Unity using UNET for a game programming class in about 2 weeks. It's a bit buggy, but it proves I can do UNET programming: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CBgIq-i8M4YW5zQTV0V3Z5RFU

My resume is located here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vridUUzmEG2LuJJ7xVec_LJvAwkLOhMD_KWLlDAnr-c/edit?usp=drive_web

Please only message me if you have a game that you are serious about and dedicated enough to make. I would really like to get some more projects in my portfolio or possibly join a team if the game is actually sold and does well.

Advertisement
Bump (if this isn't allowed, I will remove this)

Bump with updated info.

I am actually interested in working with you. I have a over twenty years of coding experience in general, I've worked on a few indie games briefly,

and I'm looking for a new project to work on. I have a lot of my own ideas (I have a script/book for the game and a 100 page game design document

fleshing everything out.) If you aren't interested in working on my project we can always put our heads together for something else.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Ted

I am actually interested in working with you. I have a over twenty years of coding experience in general, I've worked on a few indie games briefly,

and I'm looking for a new project to work on. I have a lot of my own ideas (I have a script/book for the game and a 100 page game design document

fleshing everything out.) If you aren't interested in working on my project we can always put our heads together for something else.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Ted

Hi Ted, I just saw this now since GameDev doesn't give me notifications when there are replies to my thread. If you want, you can email me (my email is in my resume) or you can message me on here.

Hey Lialan and Ted

I'm a 3D designer and 2D illustrator. I've already worked on minor indie games projects, and i'am also insterested in working with you. I've already PM you. As Ted, i think as you too, i have some ideas, one specially that i think is good to a starter project, that has potential to be done. I can tell you guys on another chance.

We can team, me you and Ted, and see what we can do!

Would be great fur us 3 to work together.

See ya, hope hearing from you both!

Still looking for a project! :)

Looking for some additional hands for a project I am leading.

We are creating a Space themed game in UE4 and would enjoy moving the development process along by utilizing more people.

A bit of Game Back Story:

The 3 species have fought to a tentative ceasefire quelled the fighting. It was agreed that each specie would hold off military action within the others claimed zones, however in neutral space anything was possible. Now that one of the other species have discovered this hidden gem of a star system it is a race to capture as much of the technology as possible, first.

A Dyson’s sphere built around an O type star has begun its death spiral and a stellar flare has punched a hole into space. The burst of light was detected and one of the non player species sent a scouting mission. They are the leaders in the race to unlock the secrets of the newly discovered star system. The player’s species drawing on all of its available military strength have place the player in command of a Wolf Pack, a 3 ship fleet with the task to capture technology and slow the efforts of the other species. Little do the competitors know they have awoken the system’s defenses.

If you are interested PM me, please. Thank you.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

Looking for some additional hands for a project I am leading.
We are creating a Space themed game in UE4 and would enjoy moving the development process along by utilizing more people.

A bit of Game Back Story:
The 3 species have fought to a tentative ceasefire quelled the fighting. It was agreed that each specie would hold off military action within the others claimed zones, however in neutral space anything was possible. Now that one of the other species have discovered this hidden gem of a star system it is a race to capture as much of the technology as possible, first.

A Dyson’s sphere built around an O type star has begun its death spiral and a stellar flare has punched a hole into space. The burst of light was detected and one of the non player species sent a scouting mission. They are the leaders in the race to unlock the secrets of the newly discovered star system. The player’s species drawing on all of its available military strength have place the player in command of a Wolf Pack, a 3 ship fleet with the task to capture technology and slow the efforts of the other species. Little do the competitors know they have awoken the system’s defenses.

If you are interested PM me, please. Thank you.

Hi navyman,

I need a bit more info. What type of game is this? First person shooter? Third person shooter? Etc.

Hello I have a project you might like and I'm currently looking to move into the Unity. I have done allot of work already but I'm getting burned out.

code: c++

graphics: dx9

database: sql

concept: MidEvil vrs Sci fi (in diablo 2 style gameplay but open world)

I have spent a good 16 grand on content for the game already as it is. I am hoping to move into Unity for cross platform. Things like player combat, spells, treasure ect. are already written. I currently use 2010 ultimate. I am a Microsoft Bizspark Member, so basically I can get anything they have if the compiler is a big deal.

I already have original sounds and graphics built. Some sounds are by others contributing to my project overtime. The game is already playable and I have done some extensive testing on some functions. I wrote the storyline myself. Allot of content I created myself. I have been working on this for the past 4 years. I am devoted to my hobby!

Here is the website: www.tkodo.com

What I would hope to see from the Unity project:

Merge the Tkodo game logic into the Unity environment (combat, spells, database), Possibly use a unity compile as a base and have a exterior compile the Unity Client reads the logic from, this way I don't have to update the client often I can just release a minimal update.

My name is Eric. If you think this is something your interested in let me know. I can sure you a helping hand!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement