Need Help With Art And Coding

Started by
4 comments, last by KenDoll 7 years, 8 months ago

I have many game ideas. 3 are well fleshed out stories. 1 i have been working on for 6 years or so, but i know it would be to hard to build by myself or even a small team. 1 could be built with a small team working for a long time on it. and the third would be easily done in a few months of spare time. I'm good at coming up with ideas people say are cool. but after years of trying to learn C++ and C# the only thing i have learned, is I'm no programmer. i mean i can do basic code like setting up controls and ray casting, but stuff like AI is not in my skill set. So I'm looking for a coder and a graphic artist to help get the easiest of the 3 off the ground to fund the second and the second to fund the third. The third would be a new and ground breaking game that takes minecraft idea mixed with civilization and spore, with a new mechanic not seen in any game i have played or heard of.

Ok so the game i need help with is 3d side scroller loosely based off contra with space aliens. where they've taken your wife eve and you have to fight them to get her back 30 levels 3 acts with a few good twists, 3 boss battles, and a twisted sense of humor.

What i need. Artist and Programmer

Artist to make enemy and player assets.(i can animate) Maybe a few environment details to. so 5 basic enemy per act and 3 bosses... so around 20 models

Coder to help/make AI and traps and power ups, maybe a few other assets.

Advertisement

Sorry, but you're not going to get anyone interested if all you bring to the table are "good ideas". Every game developer, hobbyist or professional, has their own ideas they'd like to implement. Unless you are offering serious payment, you won't find anyone interested in implementing your game ideas while you just sit back and tell them what to create for you. Also, ideas are inherently worthless. Even something that sounds good in theory may not work out well in practice (I'm speaking from personal experience). And furthermore, implementing the ideas and creating the game content is over 99% of the work in game development.

Here's an article re-iterating what I just said, if that lends more credibility to you. Also search google for "game ideas are worthless" and you'll find source after source stating the same.

http://blackshellmedia.com/2015/03/why-your-brilliant-game-idea-is-absolutely-worthless/

Here's what I suggest to you if you really want to see these ideas become a real product.

1) Take out a loan, do a kickstarter, or find some other way to come up with money you can pay people to complete your game for you

2) Learn an actual useful skill other than just "idea guy". if you're doing the work too, it's a lot easier to get others onboard and suggest a revenue sharing option

3) Describe your ideas in more detail. The only thing you've described is a pretty generic sounding side-scroller. What are these great ideas of yours that are going to make it awesome? Why would someone want to work on your game instead of another?

If you're worried about people "stealing" your ideas, you shouldn't be. It's very likely your ideas have already been thought up by another, and like I said the overwhelming majority of the work comes in implementation and execution, not just thinking up ideas.

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

It would be shared profits at a 33/33/34 split and would be set in stone in a contract. im not just a idea guy i have a lot of experience with unity. just looking to fill the gaps i have in my skill set. And the new mechanic of the third game is something new and would be easily copied to other games. Im looking to be a designer. Not just the idea guy, the person who puts the parts together.

this is some of my work. This is work i have done on the 2nd game.

Roots thank you for your insight. and maybe i didnt explain all that well not really looking for someone to do the work for me just some help on things im not as good at. i have 800 + hours in unity and many games that i have built only to delete after getting stuck in coding and not finding answers,or just didnt find the ideas fun to play.

Edited for bad link

Actually @roots is right !

Ok my idea for the side scroller is that. aliens attack earth and begin destroying our citys and its your job to stop them act one you fight thou the streets and people start to get infected after beating boss one you have to choose to nuke the earth or let the infected keep working for the aliens.... act 2 aliens start using tracker beams to pull building and the earth apart and you jump and ride the pieces thru a wormhole ending on a space ship which you crash land on there planet in the boss battle. then fight your way to final boss and find out your name is Adam and you and your wife eve who you freed have the choose to return to earth through a time traveling wormhole or blow your brains out and end the cycle

Hey, don't listen to people who think they know it all.

You might find someone to help you for fun. There are people interested in hobby stuff.

I might be interested, but we will have to speak more.

Send me a message.

Thakns

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement