Looking For New Direction

Started by
29 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 8 months ago

do you know occasionally English or American Publisher Houses I can send my book?

No, I don't. This is a video game forum, not a book publishing forum. Why don't you just Google book publishers.

Yes, I started to learn about it. Thank you. In any case I will public my story as e-Book. It is simple. Why not?

Advertisement

Go and publish them as books first.

A good book does not necessarily translate well into a good video game. You may find that you would need to cut out a lot of the story or even have a brand new story within the same universe to make it into a game which people are willing to pay for.

I have working drafts of a novel and its video game adaptation - and they are 2 completely different stories set in the same universe, because just walking and talking will not appeal to players.

A good book does not necessarily translate well into a good video game. You may find that you would need to cut out a lot of the story or even have a brand new story within the same universe to make it into a game which people are willing to pay for.

I have working drafts of a novel and its video game adaptation - and they are 2 completely different stories set in the same universe, because just walking and talking will not appeal to players.

Yep. Thank you Envy. I will public first book. The only one was translated. It took much time and money to translate it.

Of course game story line is a different from book. I changed and added many things. But it going fast and easy. I already have Universe with lands, seas, creatures, countries and events. To make game story on it base - real fan. ;)

Yep. Thank you Envy. I will public first book. The only one was translated. It took much time and money to translate it.

Of course game story line is a different from book. I changed and added many things. But it going fast and easy. I already have Universe with lands, seas, creatures, countries and events. To make game story on it base - real fan. ;)

Also, a book can give you more freedom in writing and you're not constrained by art assets. In your case, fantasy can sell pretty well as a book with the correct marketing.

I guess my case is unique where I think my game version will sell more than the book could ever sell, realistically.

Its gameplay can appeal to a lot of players and is very GIF friendly, while the story by itself may not pass Richard & Judy's stringent requirements if it was a book (and it pretty much has to, if it's going to be a best-seller).

Also, a book can give you more freedom in writing and you're not constrained by art assets. In your case, fantasy can sell pretty well as a book with the correct marketing.

I guess my case is unique where I think my game version will sell more than the book could ever sell, realistically.

Its gameplay can appeal to a lot of players and is very GIF friendly, while the story by itself may not pass Richard & Judy's stringent requirements if it was a book (and it pretty much has to, if it's going to be a best-seller).

Yes. Agree. No one from great fantasy novels of our generation which was filmed had no one good game. Except Witcher indeed. But personally I never head about it before playing first part. So only book will not be a problem. :)

May I ask you what is Richard & Judy's stringent requirements?

Yes. Agree. No one from great fantasy novels of our generation which was filmed had no one good game. Except Witcher indeed. But personally I never head about it before playing first part. So only book will not be a problem. :)
May I ask you what is Richard & Judy's stringent requirements?

I'd suggest to look at their book recommendations and cross reference what good and bad things they say about each one.

But in a nutshell, it has to have literary themes and symbolism.

I see, thank you!

I am sure it is interesting.

Cover of the book.

13902737_1469491846409796_63991066293482

Here my book was published on Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/alexander-spivak/alexander-of-macedon-book-one-the-hero/ebook/product-22814883.html

Hope this is not against rules to public link here.

I am gust happy. :)

Here my book was published on Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/alexander-spivak/alexander-of-macedon-book-one-the-hero/ebook/product-22814883.html

Hope this is not against rules to public link here.

I am gust happy. :)

I can critique it for you, if you give me a copy. Chapter by chapter analysis from a cynical young fart, for a limited time only. ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement