Visual Studio Compilation Problem

Started by
5 comments, last by widmowyfox 7 years, 8 months ago

I tried to compile some code and got:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlimage.h': No such file or directory

I searched the whole computer and I have not this file. I checked vc files and microsoft windows sdk. Where I can download this file, is it included in another vc versions? I saw on the internet that not only I had this problem but I didn't find a solution.I think that this file should be in windows SDK. Could you check it?

Advertisement

What version of VS are you using? I've seen some stuff on stack overflow that suggests it isn't in some of the express versions. I did find installed in Visual Studio Community 2015.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I have vs10 express, but I cant find 2010 standard on internet, later versions is not an option, I am running on vista currently, someone have download for vs10 standard or can provide missing files?

I think your out of luck then. The express version don't support the ATL.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

I did it, hard work to find solution. No support dont mean dont work :P For anyone who have this problem this is solution.

THIS ONLY WORK FOR EXPRESS NO PRO!!!

1.Download and install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11800

2.Add includes and libraries path to project

3.You will have errors with min function in atlimage.h

add

#define NOMINMAX 

change

UINT nMaxColor = min(256, (UINT)pPalette->Count);

to

UINT nMaxColor = min((UINT)256, (UINT)pPalette->Count);

4.You will have errors with atldef.h

change

#include "..\atl30\atldef.h"

to

#include "..\atl71\atldef.h"

5.You will have errors with atlconv.h

change

#include "..\atl30\atlconv.h"

to

#include "..\atl71\atlconv.h"

6.Now it should compile

I have vs10 express, but I cant find 2010 standard on internet, later versions is not an option, I am running on vista currently, someone have download for vs10 standard or can provide missing files?

Why are later versions not an option? And why are you on vista??? That OS is several versions old now.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Because I like it (I am probably one of three people that use this os, I used it since 2007) but later versions- win 7 and win 8 dont really change anything in programming from my view, everything I can do on vista. I will change os on win 10 for directx 12 but I'm still waiting on optimizing and patching errors. Only minus is that visual studio work only to 10 version. It is stupid I run every new game on ultra graphic options and can't install vc :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement