I Am An Experienced Programmer Lets Explore Game Programming (2D, 3D) Together (C++, Python, Web, Artist, Manager, Etc.)

Started by
11 comments, last by glportal 7 years, 7 months ago

Hello,

I am an experienced programmer and I am looking for people to join me in my adventure to code a great game and engine.

We are a small team of all trades from across the globe and love making games. It is a pressure free environment and people have a good attitude.

Contact me here or through the website. Don't be afraid if you never did 3D or don't yet know what you can do for the project. I can help you figure that out.

Not interesting to you? PM me why.

https://vimeo.com/163973907

Advertisement

Hey,

it sounds interesting but I am only working on 2D stuff in Java. You can use Jython if you know Python.

I'm currently working on a 2D animation program for JFX.

Thanks

Thank you Ken. If you already know Java and 2D animation then learning C++ should not be too hard. There are a lot of 2D parts in a 3D game so you should feel right at home with these.

Actually, I've already studied C++ quite a bit. I just haven't used it so it became dusty.

I learnt things from objects to templates. Actually, I am going to be studying Python this

semester in school, I think Python may be worthwhile. I do dig Java, however, so if you

could work on something in that, maybe I could work faster. I read a chapter about 3D in

JFX, and it is much like two dimensional. There are three properties which need to be defined

for custom 3D objects: coordinates, 2D texture plane[for the 3D object] and texture winding

order.

I have been working on a 2D animation program, I believe it has gone well so far. Although,

I was hoping for 3D that I could use Blender instead of making my own.

You can contact me by email or maybe Skype reverie.sakana@gmail.com.

Great. You can contact me through the chat or board link on http://glportal.de/. It will often take some time for me to reply though.

I seem to be confused by your chat board, I'm not sure if you would ever see my message, as you may not even be logged in right now.

You can email or SKype me, reverie.sakana@gmail.com.

We could video chat if you want to see my software project.

I am always logged into gitter and irc. If you like to you can write to team at glportal.de but you might as well use the channel so the whole team can answer you instead of just me.

This applies for everyone that is interested. And you also have to be very patient as nobody is active in the channel all the time. Currently a lot of people are reading this and join the channel and they join for a minute and then give up. But we can not answer you that fast. It is possible that we can't answer for hours because we are at work.

Thank you guys for all your visits in our channel. Thanks to you we were able to fix a bug in our windows compile instructions. Please try them out again. And if you are an expert in Visual Studio, you are welcome to give us information on how to compile there or just expand our COMPILE.md.

RadixEngine branch had another compile bug that we were able to fix. Thank you DanTheMan.

Tests are back in order on the RaidxEngine(dev) branch.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement