• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FGFS

Statically Link Sdl

This topic is 775 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

I do with Eclipse on Ubuntu:

Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
g++ -Wl,-Bstatic -lSDL -Wl,-Bdynamic,-rpath=. -shared -o "lin.xpl"  ./main.o ./myList.o   -lopenal -lcurl -lGL
Finished building target: lin.xpl

but get sdl errors. How to link statically sdl and later sdl_ttf for a X-Plane plugin.

Thanks

Advertisement

This may or may not help, but when I compile SDL2 on my Ubuntu Linux machine, I had to have the following options : 

g++ -O3 -fPIC -std=c+11 -I/usr/lib -I/usr/include  ..... (object files) ....  -lX11 -lGL -lGLU -lGLEW -lSDL2 -lSDL2_image -lSDL2_mixer -o program.exe

Some of those are probably redunant (e.g. -fPIC) but I had 'fun' getting it working and just left everything in there when it finally worked!  Might not help, but just in case...

but get sdl errors

What errors? We cannot read your mind, and so unless you provide the actual error text (actual error text, copy-and-pasted, don't re-write it from memory) there's not a whole lot anybody can do but guess. 

@sergamer I use sdl1.2 and static linking

@Josh

I do with Eclipse on Ubuntu:

g++ -Wl,-Bstatic -lSDL -Wl,-Bdynamic,-rpath=. -shared -o "lin.xpl" ./main.o ./myList.o -lopenal -lcurl -lGL

without -lSDL at the end I get sdl-quit not found or alike errors. How to link statically sdl and later sdl_ttf for a X-Plane plugin.
Thanks

For Ubuntu dynamic linking is ok, but I don't want to ship sdl and sdl_ttf with my app on other os.

without -lSDL at the end I get sdl-quit not found or alike errors

the actual error text (actual error text, copy-and-pasted, don't re-write it from memory)

With:

g++ -Wl,-Bstatic -lSDL -Wl,-Bdynamic,-rpath=. -shared -o "lin.xpl"  ./main.o ./myList.o   -lopenal -lcurl -lGL

I get:

dlerror:/media/michael/DATA/X-Plane_10/Aircraft/General Aviation/P4/plugins/p4/64/lin.xpl: undefined symbol: SDL_Quit

Many thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!