• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Pain

Vertex data

This topic is 6116 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there! I''m attempting to get the bounding box for the screen coordinates of a 3D object. First I transform the object with PR_TransformEntity(), then I loop through all the vertices'' vx and vy members, saving the min and max. This works about 2/3 of the time. The other 1/3, all the vertex information is zeroed! It seems to be 100% consistent as to which object I''m using. For instance, the sample trees from PR4 all seem to work fine, but the log does not. I copied Nature.dat from one of the examples, and have not modified it. The data I''m looking at is: entityNodePtr->Info.object->Info.Shape[0]->segment_list->face_list->vertex1->vdata->vx I''ve also looked at all the other vertex/bbox data members for these objects, and most of them are zeroed. entityNodePtr->Info.object->Info.Shape[0]->bbox has what looks like valid numbers. entityNodePtr->Info.object->Info.Shape[0]->segment_list->vertex_list->vdata is zeroed entityNodePtr->Info.object->Info.Shape[0]->segment_list->vertex_data is zeroed What am I doing wrong? Dave

Advertisement
Those structures are only filled in if you use the PR pipeline.

Also if the segment fails the bounding box test this will fail unless you set the flag which ignores the test.

Chris

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!