Question

Started by
1 comment, last by Someone1 22 years, 4 months ago
I had a fairly stupid question. When making a model move or rotate, its obviously done with the code but what happens when the animation is set to do it too? In the case of animations, does the model move in the engine if the model's animation is set to move? I mean, for example in 3D Studio max a model's jump animation makes it move forward in the scene. When used in the engine and the jump animation runs, does the model run the animation and move forward on the terrain? Or are animations always run on the spot? I am assuming that the animation runs on the spot and its only up to the coder to program the movement right? Same with rotation? Thanks Edited by - Someone1 on November 22, 2001 9:19:24 AM
Advertisement
When you move or rotate an entity it will affect the animation as well. So if you have a run forward animation, and rotate the character now it will run forward in a different direction.

If you have movement/rotation in the animation it will be used. You probably don''t want this except for some cut scenes perhaps.

Chris
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
quote:Original post by ChrisE
If you have movement/rotation in the animation it will be used. You probably don''t want this except for some cut scenes perhaps.

Ok thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement