Week Of Awesome IV - The Competition Thread

Started by
166 comments, last by slicer4ever 7 years, 8 months ago

My day 6 blog post.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

My final submission!

(As per usual, I don't intend to work during the final day, albeit that I've pulled an all-nighter and am somewhat running into Sunday.)

This version is largely done, all the way through to a boss-fight and a brief concluding text. It is however rough around the edges, and there are a few features that I failed to get into this build.

I just gave this a try and it seems to be working well. Found it quite difficult couldn't get past the second room, only tried a few times though. Its quite creepy, I like how powerful the healing effect is when you're in shadow at the expense of how vulnerable and helpless you are.

I just gave this a try and it seems to be working well. Found it quite difficult couldn't get past the second room, only tried a few times though. Its quite creepy, I like how powerful the healing effect is when you're in shadow at the expense of how vulnerable and helpless you are.

Ah, that's wonderful to read! Thank you for trying it out, and for the feedback! ^_^

The game is indeed supposed to be somewhat difficult--but there's also likely a bit of developer bias on my part: I know the game, so it's likely rather easier for me than for new players, making it perhaps harder for me to gauge the difficulty without external feedback.

I'm glad that the shadow-mechanic seems to have the intended effect--it's perhaps one of the elements that I've been most uncertain about.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

WoA Day 6: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/2080/entry-2262173-woa-day-6/
sorry late fell asleep again

Here is my "Just in case I somehow cannot finish" build.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VrclvlENaSRE9KOVlxSGlZT0E

Slicer and Judges Please note. This is not a complete build but it is enough of the game in case my internet flakes out for the rest of the day or whatever.

I will post my official build around 9:00pm tonight.

WoA 2016 - End Of Day 6

I am midway through my final day now and have been working to polish the game.

I now have:

* A startscreen

* An end-game cutscene

* Various minor tweeks and graphical enhancements

* A set of introductory levels + a couple of more challenging ones.

The game is not particularly difficult, it turns out. But it's still mildly entertaining I guess.

I think the game is now minimally complete. So from here on out I am simply enhancing it!

I didn't manage to introduce any new blob types yesterday, but i *am* still hoping to achieve that today. Since I've already spent some time on level design and polish elements that actually leaves me time today to do that hopefully.

So for the remainder of the day I plan:

* Work on new blob types

* Create new levels that exploit those blob types

* Polish the sounds and graphics slightly (but only slightly).

And that's it. That'll be my submission.

Here's a screenshot of my first level:

[attachment=32966:day7 (3pm).png]

I do not know if I can fix these problems in time, then you will leave a "playable" version available. I appreciate any comments and suggestions!

Pre-Build here! ? https://goo.gl/lpnqDS

HISTORY
Hello, ??????. Today's experiment involves data collection and analysis of how the ??????? compound next to ???? changes the perception of light in a controlled environment. We will use prisoners sentenced to death in the test against our test subjects (reread incident report ????? ? // - ????? * -??). See how the prisoners and guinea pigs behave in total darkness and with a quick use of artificial light.
OBJECTIVE
Get up to each output stage without taking damage from zombies. 3 attacks, it's Game Over.
Do not be paired with the zombies.
Use sparingly light: only lasts 5 seconds, you have only 2 initially. Decorate the position of the other light refills and take them.

CONTROLS:
A W S D / Arrows >> Move Player
Space >> Turn the light on
OBSERVATION
>> In "Game Over", game will automatically go to the "Main Menu"
KNOWN ERRORS
-The Floor Nº2 has skiped;
-Sometimes the Floor Nº1 can be generated totally weird;
-The light button can be used after the "Game Over";
-The light button can be used when the light is already on, spending resources;

My penultimate build: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/2098/entry-2262175-woa-day-7-penultimate-release/ unless I miss the deadline!

Had a few hours today, so here's a make-sure-probably-final version for your pleasure:

http://www.georg-rottensteiner.de/files/ForbiddenCity.zip

I'll try to add a bit more polish but for now it's pretty much done. Journal entry will be up later!

I had good fun, and heads up to the other participants! Can't wait to see the finished entries ;)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement