• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire427

OpenGL Opengl Multithreaded - Strange Black Icon Shows Up In Upper Left Corner

This topic is 802 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently working with OpenGL to create a multiwindow application framework based on OpenGL 4.0 or higher. During testing of the multithreaded windows our NVidia systems worked flwalessly at full perofrmance. An ATI system appeared to open, work for a few seconds, then crash.

We noticed a strange black icon appearing in the upper left corner that was not part of our framework. If we wait  until the icon disappears after a few seconds the system performs correctly and no issues. If we try and open a second threaded window before the icon disappears the application would hang and stop responding then crash. The icon seems to appear on most games on the system so I'm assuming it has something to do with background software.

Has anyone encountered this before? It only happens on an the AMD/ATI system although the background software may not be linked to either.

Advertisement

Yeah, shortly after I posted this we found that raptor was the problem. Once the software was removed the system runs flawlessly. I've sent email out to AMD/ATI to find out what can be done to keep it from crashing the software. Any ideas on how to prevent Raptr from trying to record a multithreaded application? I have to assume there is some way to prevent it from trying to access my software.

Sorry :( Another team that I work with are in the same boat. If you find a fix (besides killing raptor), please let me know too :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!