Sign in to follow this  

Fbx Files And Multiple Animation Stacks

This topic is 491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!  :)

I bought a resource pack online which contains a huge set of skinned animations in the FBX format. My converter which converts FBX files into my own custom file format is already able to process a lot of information and even animations already work. However, so far I only dealt with FBX files which contained a single animation. Therefore, I could "simply" use the EvaluateGlobalTransform function to get the transformation from my cluster's linked node at a given time.

However, (as far as I can see) this approach fails with multiple animation stacks, because I can't select which animation stack shall be used. From a sample of the FBX SDK I know there is another way to get animation information by using the LclTranslation, LclRotation and LclScaling properties of a given node and a given animation layer. My problem is, that I have no glue what the result vectors mean. Sure, I get a translation, rotation and scaling for each joint for each of my animations for each key time. However, I do have any idea on which level this transformation is. So, which other transformations do I need to consider, for example.

So, my question is: How do I process multiple animation stacks in a FBX file correctly? What I would love to have is the global transformation matrix of a given joint, at a given time using a given animation layer (of a given animation stack).

This topic is 491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.