Sign in to follow this  

Unity Sfml - Missing Dlls, One Of Them : Msvcr100D.dll

This topic is 490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, I tried setting up visual studio community 2015 with SFML, after doing all linking I tried to run a simple test application, which resulted in several error boxes showing up saying the the following dll files were missing : 

MSVCR100D.dll

MSVCP100D.dll

MSVCR100D.dll

MSVCP100D.dll

They displayed in that order, and a new error box popped up when I clicked "ok", and for some reason it said that the same files were missing twice for each file.

After a while of googling I found an article which said that the "D" at the end of the file names (but before the file type) stood for "Debug".

So, I tried running it in Release mode instead which gave me the exact same errors.

I don't think ti's my code that is wrong, but just in case here it is : 

#include <iostream>
#include <SFML/Window.hpp>

int main()
{
	sf::Window window(sf::VideoMode(800, 600), "Test");
	bool framerateLimit = 0;
	bool useVsync = true;

if (framerateLimit > 0)
	{
		window.setFramerateLimit(framerateLimit);
	}

window.setVerticalSyncEnabled(useVsync);

while (window.isOpen())
	{
		sf::Event evnt;
		while (window.pollEvent(evnt))
		{
			if (evnt.type == sf::Event::Closed)
			{
				window.close();
			}
		}

window.setActive();
		window.display();

}

std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl;
}

Those libraries are Visual Studio 2010 versions. I can only speculate as to why SFML is looking for them instead of the 2015 versions that (presumably) you do have installed...

Maybe I downloaded the wrong version of SFML? I'll check once I have access to my other pc. :3

Those libraries are Visual Studio 2010 versions. I can only speculate as to why SFML is looking for them instead of the 2015 versions that (presumably) you do have installed...

Yeah, turns out I downloaded the 2010 version instead of 2015, I just assumed the latest was on top of the download list. >.>

Nevermind still getting the same errors...

Then you are not linking with your new SFML, haven't replaced all of the DLLs from the previous version, linking to something else which pulls in the MSVC 2010 runtime or SFML has not been built correctly and something in its dependencies pulls in the old runtime.

I usually do not even bother with precompiled libraries. I once ran into a precompiled library which pulled in an unexpected (and also completely unneeded) dependency which was also present on most systems (most, not all). Identifiying that as the problem for some select few customers took quite some time, especially since the error message was extremely unspecific and unlike the usual "I'm just missing that DLL I want".
Building libraries yourself as a matter of course will not only force you to gain some skill points in some areas otherwise neglected, it will also be an insurance for the future. Getting all the libraries you need for that specific version of MSVC you want can be quite futile. If you need more special build settings (or a compiler/runtime not usually used on your platform of choice) it can quickly become extremely impossible.

Then you are not linking with your new SFML, haven't replaced all of the DLLs from the previous version, linking to something else which pulls in the MSVC 2010 runtime or SFML has not been built correctly and something in its dependencies pulls in the old runtime.

I usually do not even bother with precompiled libraries. I once ran into a precompiled library which pulled in an unexpected (and also completely unneeded) dependency which was also present on most systems (most, not all). Identifiying that as the problem for some select few customers took quite some time, especially since the error message was extremely unspecific and unlike the usual "I'm just missing that DLL I want".
Building libraries yourself as a matter of course will not only force you to gain some skill points in some areas otherwise neglected, it will also be an insurance for the future. Getting all the libraries you need for that specific version of MSVC you want can be quite futile. If you need more special build settings (or a compiler/runtime not usually used on your platform of choice) it can quickly become extremely impossible.

I have no idea why it didn't work, but I decided to re-download SFML again, and try re-linking it once again, and it worked.

Very confused, but at least it's working.

Maybe I just missed some files 2 times in a row, somehow.

This topic is 490 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.