Sign in to follow this  
hakura88

Question About Databases And Mobile Engines

Hello Forum,

I want to have your feedback about some issues for my game. I want to make a mobile multiplayer/Online game. 

My question is if I should use Phaser.io combined with Ionic . Phaser because it's a simple and easy engine for html5 and Ionic have some nice GUI elements that are easy to use on mobile.

Should I go with firebase database or mongoDB? or should I try others like PostgreSQL etc..

What are your favourites or have you ever tried something similar?

I'm very happy to read your feedbacks.

Thank you

1) What is your prior experience and background? In terms of languages, databases, tools, hosting, games made, etc.
2) Do you have money to spend on this, or does it need to be free? Are you willing to pay for services beyond hosting?

I have experience with html5 css3 javascript python and c#. I worked alot with postgres dbs.

I have used unity and phaser. 

I wan't to spend money only on hosting , dbs. 

It should be only a game for phones. like tinker island for example.

I can't comment on Ionic because I only ever made native apps, but it does look like a reasonable tool. Phaser is definitely fine, as you know. You can handle all your DB stuff via Postgres, but be aware you'll be responsible for writing a whole bunch of infrastructure that a service like Firebase might handle for you. (On the other hand, people used to use Parse for that, then Facebook decided to shut it down at short notice.)