Need one more book on graphics programming ;)

Started by
6 comments, last by Spinningcubes 7 years, 8 months ago

Got two new bookshelf's and are cleaning up my books. Made one for all my books on graphic programming. Need one more book to fit in there <_<.

books_graphics.png

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

Advertisement

How about Real Time Rendering (http://www.realtimerendering.com) ?

Yeah, RTR is great.

Also:

Humphreys and Pharr's PBRT.

Hoxley, Zink, and Pettineo's D3D11 book :) (hi guys!)

BTW some of those look amazing. "PC Video Systems"? :D

+1 for all three of those. Especially Real Time Rendering is a must-have!

The GPU Pro series is neat as well, but it's all very specialized and focused towards a specific set of techniques and their implementations.

I gets all your texture budgets!

I too have a shelf rich with old graphics books. I see you've already got Zen of Graphics Programming, but the Graphics Programming Black Book is the definitive Abrash, collecting together his books and some of his other writings on graphics and assembly language.

What I really wish Abrash might write someday is a memoir of his time working on Larabee (Knights Corner) graphics code, in the vein of The Race for a New Game Machine. Intermixed with source code presented in his usual way I think it'd make an interesting book, though probably not a huge market for it.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

I too have a shelf rich with old graphics books. I see you've already got Zen of Graphics Programming, but the Graphics Programming Black Book is the definitive Abrash, collecting together his books and some of his other writings on graphics and assembly language.

What I really wish Abrash might write someday is a memoir of his time working on Larabee (Knights Corner) graphics code, in the vein of The Race for a New Game Machine. Intermixed with source code presented in his usual way I think it'd make an interesting book, though probably not a huge market for it.

The Black Book wouldn't fit in there, I'm afraid... Might need another book shelf. If there was ever a tome, that is it. I can just barely pick mine up by the spine with one hand.

Speaking of Larrabee and graphics, this was kind of interesting today.

Eric Richards

SlimDX tutorials - http://www.richardssoftware.net/

Twitter - @EricRichards22

I solved the shelf problem by buying my technical books on my kindle :D
I had to struggle to put the RTR book on it though. Amazon wouldn't let me buy it (it says it only works on the color kindle, not the paperwhite version) so I had to buy it on Google Books instead, remove the DRM and transfer it to the Kindle. :blink:

Definition of a man-year: 730 people trying to finish the project before lunch

Thanks for the book suggestions. I already have the Graphics Programming Black Book but it was to big to stay in one piece :angry: . See if i can get a new one :cool: . The Physically Based Rendering book looks like a nice candidate as it is a subject i have not looked into yet.

The books are placed in order so there is 24 years between the first and the last book. PC Video Systems is about CGA/EGA/VGA and also SVGA. How to use the video bios from asm. From a time when a 800x600 game was next gen :wub:.

@spinningcubes | Blog: Spinningcubes.com | Gamedev notes: GameDev Pensieve | Spinningcubes on Youtube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement