First game: Anime style story

Started by
5 comments, last by Specimen 7 years, 8 months ago
This is my first 'real' game and I have no idea where I should take it.. All I know for certain is that I'm shaping a story less around originality and more about being structurally sound (much as possible, at least). It deals with two opposing groups, your typical militia activists (good) and private industry squads (bad). The players job is keeping several people hidden and safe while also allowing a certain freedom, simultaneously seeking contact with this under-ground militia force. There's probably a lot of ways to do this, but I'm wondering what makes for the best experience?
Advertisement
Hi, specimen.
Your second paragraph is all about story - we have a Writing forum where you can get feedback
on story matters.
Your third paragraph seems to be asking how to design the gameplay (the focus of this forum -
game design).
Your fourth paragraph is about graphics. We have a Visual Art forum where you can get feedback
on art matters.

Since this forum is Game Design, and you did touch on that, I'm responding to your third
paragraph. Sounds like you don't have a game mechanic in mind yet, am I right? And you're
asking members of this forum to help you come up with something?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi, specimen.
Your second paragraph is all about story - we have a Writing forum where you can get feedback
on story matters.
Your third paragraph seems to be asking how to design the gameplay (the focus of this forum -
game design).
Your fourth paragraph is about graphics. We have a Visual Art forum where you can get feedback
on art matters.

Since this forum is Game Design, and you did touch on that, I'm responding to your third
paragraph. Sounds like you don't have a game mechanic in mind yet, am I right? And you're
asking members of this forum to help you come up with something?

Hey there! I included the story and graphics as to maybe give a better lean on the type of gameplay and mechanics that could be introduced, if that's ok. Was in a rush though and forgot to mention that maybe the game would be better as a segment-to-segment story starting from the beginning, or maybe not and go with my original idea?

But yah, that's pretty much it I have no experience and not sure what I could potentially mold from this to a more 'effective' concept, so any ideas would help me put this in perspective. :)

Why don't you go with whatever gameplay you like best? The story shouldn't dictate the gameplay;
the gameplay could impact story, though.

Why don't you go with whatever gameplay you like best? The story shouldn't dictate the gameplay;
the gameplay could impact story, though.

Yeah, maybe so. Funny thing though I actually don't play much games of late, most my gaming time ends up as pixeling or something, maybe it's why I'm struggling. Gonna have to hit up the steam pages again for some inspiration. I'll move the story and see if I can't be bit more specific, thanks.

Funny thing though I actually don't play much games of late, most my gaming time ends up as pixeling or something, maybe it's why I'm struggling.

Interesting. You enjoy making games more than playing them? Then you need to form a partnership
with a designer.

Funny thing though I actually don't play much games of late, most my gaming time ends up as pixeling or something, maybe it's why I'm struggling.

Interesting. You enjoy making games more than playing them? Then you need to form a partnership
with a designer.

Probably hard-pressed to find someone on a project like this? I'll try I suppose, if nothing turns up just gonna have to pray it comes out decent lol.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement