• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 direct draw surface in a game

This topic is 5932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''d like to make 2 direct draw surface in my game (1 for the menu and 1 for the game) to have a better vision of the code. I kill the first instance of the direct drawsurface and i make another one, but i''ve got an error : error in window class . ps : The error is in french so maybe the translating is not good :-) please help.

Advertisement
Ma connaissance de DirectX est extrèmement limitée, mais je peux peut-être t''aider à décrypter le message d''erreur.

lol oki je t ecris le message d''erreur exact : Erreur a l inscription d une classe de fenetre
voila

ps: Tiens au fait tu habite ou??

Ok, so the translation of the error message is
"Error while registering a window class".

A possibility is that you are trying to register the window class twice (i.e. with the same name), instead of just creating a second instance of the window using the class you registered in the first place.

Ps:
Réponse en anglais pour le bénéfice de tous.
J''habite à Charlottesville, Virginie, USA depuis 2 ans 1/2.
J''y poursuis un doctorat en info.

Yeah okay, the problem is that i use the HINSTANCE give by the WinMain function to create my DirectDraw Interface (yes it s not the surface sorry :-).
So what should i do ??
I explain once again : I want one interface for the menu and when i click on "play" i destroy it and i create a new one.

thx

Using your HINSTANCE to create the surface? I don''t think so.

1) Use the HINSTANCE from WinMain to create a window class (WNDCLASS or WNDCLASSEX), and then a window (HWND)

2) Create your directdraw object (LPDIRECTDRAWn).

3) Set the cooperative level (SetCooperativeLevel(DDSCL_myCoopLevel, hMyWindow))

4) Create your surface

when you need to switch them,

5) Destroy the surface (not the directdraw object) and then recreate.

Although if I were to do this I''d keep one surface at all times - the primary surface - and just switch the buffer I''m copying from.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

• Advertisement