• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Discosultan

DX12 C# DirectX 12 Samples

This topic is 693 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Very nice! I've been meaning to do this for some time - I did a very similar thing with the DirectX 11 book and SlimDX.

The examples look like they are almost exactly the same as the previous edition - is there anything new, besides the DX 12 code?

Very nice! I've been meaning to do this for some time - I did a very similar thing with the DirectX 11 book and SlimDX.

The examples look like they are almost exactly the same as the previous edition - is there anything new, besides the DX 12 code?

Ah, I remember learning DX11 from your SlimDX tutorials - thanks a ton for those! I might have even used some of the code snippets in my samples  ^_^.

Regarding the book, if you have read the DX11 version, the new one is only worth getting to get acquainted with the new API. Samples are mostly the same and some have even been stripped (the particles sample with stream out is missing, for example). It also doesn't touch more DX12-centric topics such as multi-threaded rendering. Nevertheless, still a very valuable resource!

+1!! great job and good effort.  I think most appreciate these kinds of things as Vulkan and DX12 have such a drastic change to the API's of old we all became used to.  Keep it up!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!