Braid for android: Time Turner

Started by
7 comments, last by OnePixelDev 7 years, 6 months ago
TIME TURNER
Time Turner is a puzzle game in which you will use the power of the Tesseract to travel time and help Qube save his loved one, Qubi.
Available for free on the play store: Time Turner
Looking for feedback from the community!
Time Turner is a beautifully designed story about Qube. He begins with a feeling of revenge but soon that fades into the feeling of hope, hope to bring a loved one back to life. Complete all the 3 chapters and 27 puzzles to unravel the entire story.
Advertisement

Is that game related to The Braid?

@AstroGiGi, the game has a similar game mechanic like braid (Using time travel and solving puzzles). But everything else is completely original.

Just released a trailer for the game!

Let me know what you think of it...

Congratulations on your success, 5000+ downloads is quite nice! I still have the game, things got a bit more interesting halfway through the second tier. Meanwhile, I'm struggling to get my first 100 downloads. Can you say which action you took that boosted your downloads? Like post on a specific forum or got written in some blog or something? What was the ignition?

Thank you so much!!

@[member='PawnEater'],

It was simply letting people know that my game existed. I posted about the game on over 150 Facebook groups. Which groups? The ones that show up when you search for "android promotion" and related topics on Facebook. But I did all of it after I had an attractive enough trailer for the game. I did post before that as well but not on many groups. Tell people how much effort you've put into making your game and they will play it. Forums is another place you can post.

But make sure to post in all these places on one day. Sit for 3-4 hours and post about the game everywhere on the Internet. Even Youtube. Ask people to make a video on your game. If they like your game they will make it. It's important to do it on one day because that will give you a sudden boost in the number of downloads which will subsequently lead to a rise in your rankings giving you organic downloads.

But beware, this will lead to a drop in your ratings. Because you are forcing your game on people many of them will not like it and rate it poorly. Atleast that's what my assumption is. Organic downloads give higher ratings, in my opinion. I do not have much data to support the things I have said. But it worked for me. I'm hoping that the number keeps on rising organically now. I'm out of places to post about the game. And till now no one with a huge fan base has seen my game. Finger crossed. And all the best!

Wow, thanks for a great reply!

I would not care so much about a couple of poor ratings, from what I've read they don't effect your rankings that much. As long as you have a descent rating people will still download it. Time Turner is certainly a bit more polished than mine so maybe I should be happy the numbers for my game still are low, I'm still adding basic stuff (the other day, a friend: "No replay button?" Me: "Uhm.. that's a good idea" :-)). I will do the big "launch" once I stop getting obvious fix suggestions.

But I still have not seen any ads or IAP in Time Turner so I wonder how you plan on making money?

But I still have not seen any ads or IAP in Time Turner so I wonder how you plan on making money

The reason I haven't monetized it is because I'm just a student right now and made the game as a fun project. Monetizing was never the final goal. I just wanted to give people a good game to play. Seeing the response and the opportunity I'm planning to add in advertisements. Can't make the game paid now. That's against the policy. I'm trying to think of a good way to earn money while not hampering the experience.

I've added Google Play Achievements in the game! 9 Achievements, some of which are very challenging to achieve.

tumblr_oe1xwnGipP1veqewqo1_1280.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement