Sign in to follow this  
phil67rpg

trek game

Don't forget that you can post journal entries about your project's development as you go.

It can be very helpful to keep people up-to-date and easily ask for advise/guidance.

simply be sure to remove all star trek specific references.

when gene died and paramount got the rights, paramount called me and asked me to cease and desist making SIMTrek - cause they wanted to make star trek games.

Edited by Norman Barrows

http://www.startrek.com/fan-films

Paramount's rules for fan productions are there; adapt your project to them and you will probably be okay. Otherwise they may come after you, as they are fairly litigious with the Star Trek IP. Most of the guidelines there can apply to non-films, a few are a bit of a grey area (such as the duration requirements), so you still might be screwed. This is the only thing I'm aware of that they've released discussing use of their IP so it's your best bet.

You can post the source code of your game here if you want it critiqued. Otherwise you can post about the existence of your release in the Your Announcements forum.

Edited by Josh Petrie

hey everyone this is just a little text based game using c++.I am simply using c++ and text loosely based on the star fleet battles game. Trust me paramount does not care about my little endeavours.

I am working on this game along with reading a book and doing the exercises in it. It is purely for fun and learning. I am sure I don't want or cant make some money off of it.

by the way thanks for all the encouragement beer.