trek game

Started by
15 comments, last by phil67rpg 7 years, 7 months ago

well I am working on a text based star trek game using c++, this is really fun and challenging. When I am done I will post it. Is it ok if I post here?

Advertisement

Sure. It's a game dev forum after all. But I think it goes into the Gamedev lobby. Good luck!

Don't forget that you can post journal entries about your project's development as you go.

It can be very helpful to keep people up-to-date and easily ask for advise/guidance.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

star trek game

Sure. It's a game dev forum after all.

Except that copyright infringement is frowned upon and the site itself can't condone it.

star trek game

Sure. It's a game dev forum after all.

Except that copyright infringement is frowned upon and the site itself can't condone it.

:D

simply be sure to remove all star trek specific references.

when gene died and paramount got the rights, paramount called me and asked me to cease and desist making SIMTrek - cause they wanted to make star trek games.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

http://www.startrek.com/fan-films

Paramount's rules for fan productions are there; adapt your project to them and you will probably be okay. Otherwise they may come after you, as they are fairly litigious with the Star Trek IP. Most of the guidelines there can apply to non-films, a few are a bit of a grey area (such as the duration requirements), so you still might be screwed. This is the only thing I'm aware of that they've released discussing use of their IP so it's your best bet.

You can post the source code of your game here if you want it critiqued. Otherwise you can post about the existence of your release in the Your Announcements forum.

If phil makes a star trek game that causes paramount to come after them I'll eat my shoe.

Regardless, I hope you have fun programming that game phil.

My Gamedev Journal: 2D Game Making, the Easy Way

---(Old Blog, still has good info): 2dGameMaking
-----
"No one ever posts on that message board; it's too crowded." - Yoga Berra (sorta)

If phil makes a star trek game that causes paramount to come after them I'll eat my shoe.

Likelyhood or unlikelyhood has, unfortunately, nothing to do with legality.

Plus now I'm tempted to tip them off just to see you eat a shoe.

Just call it Star Shrek and make everyone an ogre

"I would try to find halo source code by bungie best fps engine ever created, u see why call of duty loses speed due to its detail." -- GettingNifty

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement