Looking for an artist with ideas for a game.

Started by
12 comments, last by Tkodo 7 years, 7 months ago

If you're not inclined to make your demo projects available for download, at least do some small write-ups on the ones that indicate your work with a particular technology, describe some proof of concepts and experiments that you've worked on, or just whatever projects have been most interesting for you.

Your skills and experience notwithstanding, you should probably indicate what specifically it is you're hoping to do once you find an artist to work with. Are you looking for someone with some spritesheets ready to go, someone to put some concept art together, someone to do 3D modeling, or whatever else exactly?

Advertisement

Hello there, I have a project that can use some more help big and small. I can share my knowledge or get you into building a online portfolio. I have managed a 10 man team on my project at one point. If your issue is not finishing a massive project you should try doing what I like to call: blasting... you nuke 1 section clearing all your objectives even if its something simple like making a external overlay 1 day, and in a week when your bored grab the next part... Making a hp bar ect.. ect... on my game I construct diff parts in bursts and mix it up to keep myself tuned in. I will send you a private message for further contact.

Hello there, I have a project that can use some more help big and small. I can share my knowledge or get you into building a online portfolio. I have managed a 10 man team on my project at one point. If your issue is not finishing a massive project you should try doing what I like to call: blasting... you nuke 1 section clearing all your objectives even if its something simple like making a external overlay 1 day, and in a week when your bored grab the next part... Making a hp bar ect.. ect... on my game I construct diff parts in bursts and mix it up to keep myself tuned in. I will send you a private message for further contact.

Sorry, that's a bit above my skill level.

Oh, wow. It's almost as if I'm not looking to work with an older person and I'm totally just not serious enough about my projects, yeah that's totally the problem. Also I'm gonna lie about my work habits to someone I'd hope to work with and I'm not saying I'm not a idea person I'm saying I'd like to program some other persons idea. Also don't assume my skill level when I've been working with games longer than you.

Well, that escaladed quicky ^^

What GeneralJList said was totally justified. Not finishing a project is a very common flaw and should be worked on as soon as possible. Mostly by working on small title (1 or 2 weeks of dev) and making sure to finish those project.

An Idea Guy is a common type of person with no skills but the (auto-proclamed) best idea of the world. So not a very useful person ^^' (so when he said you were'nt an Idea Guy, that was a compliment.)

No older person wants to trust a 13 year old coder with code.

Also don't assume my skill level when I've been working with games longer than you.

Also don't assume his skill level when you have absolutely no idea how long he is working on games. That is just pueril :)

That said, on to the real critic/advice.

1. As the people above mentioned it, you need game demo on your website. You could said that you are the best programer in the wolrd, witout concrete resuls to prove your worth, well, your claim is worthless.

2. Your website is rather nice, simple, clear. Keep it that way.

3. Be nice. It sound a bit generic as an adivce. But people on this site are trying to help you the best they can, and won't bash you without reason. No need to be aggresive.

Good luck on your search for an artist!

Sorry, I just get annoyed when people think I'm a lower level programmer 'cause I'm younger. Also BTW it says how long he's been working with games on his profile page :D

So why not upgrade your skill level :) its up to you but I don't mind age or skill level as long as you can learn and accomplish a task. Its a proven fact younger folks pick up new ideas much faster then us older folks. Either way eric.kikkert is my skype add me if your interested in getting your hands dirty.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement