Sign in to follow this  

Just wanted to share a link

This topic is 478 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Latest version... https://youtu.be/EIo1rlQRg6I

I used a world that had already been built so the global map loads quickly... but watch the progress in the console window when loading the local maps as I havn't moved that to it's own thread yet so the loading of the local area looks like nothing is happening on the blimp tile map... 

I am pretty sure I can bring the loading time down, but no matter what I need to put it on a different thread to show a loading symbol at least...

Luckly, you should be able to spend a good portion of time in a single local map... and if you go into any of the houses or eventually dungeons and such those states are quite small compared to the local area map so the initial sub map is pushed onto the slow loading local map so when you exit you don't have to wait for it to load again, extending the amount of time you are in "a single" local map. Dungeons can still be arbitrarily deep though because subsequent submaps replace the previous... so only a maximum of two game states are in memory at a time.

Sign in to follow this