Bullet Hell Project

Started by
3 comments, last by ccuccherini 7 years, 7 months ago

I have 3 years of experience as a programmer in languages like C#, C++, and Swift 2(ios). I am taking a javascript class and our final project is making a web based game. I have a cool idea for a bullet hell game, but I'm wondering if it is a good game to make as a beginner to game making. I've only made 4 or 5 other games at this point. I have the whole semester and can dedicate an hour a day. What do you guys think?

Advertisement

With only an hour a day you will need to schedule your time out very well. Meaning that you will need to break teh project down to very bite size pieces to hit your target time frame.

Still I think that only an hour per chunk is going to limit the amount of production you see.

Good Luck!

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

I see what you mean, maybe two or three hour chunks every other day would be more effective, as it takes a minute to get up to speed with a project after being away from it. Thanks Navyman!

maybe two or three hour chunks every other day would be more effective

Think this is a much better use of time. It takes a minute to get everything going and to shift into the development mindset of the project each time. By giving yourself a larger block of time even if it isn't every day you find that you are more productive because you have less over head time cutting into your project.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

Since the time you have available to consistantly work on it is limited you may also want to carry around a notebook so you can jot down ideas and lines of code quickly if you have a spare moment to do, that way even if you are away from the computer you have a way to log the thought so you have it when you do sit down to code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement