Sign in to follow this  
Juliean

[VS2015] Downgrade to update 1

Hello,

so Upgrade 2-3 from Visual Studio 2015 has been a bloody, bugged mess, at least for me. Partial compilation errors, auto-completion not working half the time, symbols broken unless (and even if) completely recompiled... I just can't take it anymore, since pretty much every 2 changes I make result in me having to recompile the entire resolution -.-

I recently found out that my programm still ran under Update 1 on another PC (without all the aweful bugs), thought I made some changes that reguired update 2 or higher.

So anyways, does somebody know a way for downgrading VS to an older update version? I know how to deinstall the update, but even if I visit the site that promoted the older updates like 1 and start the upgrade program, it always forces me to update 3. Anyone has a source for a guaranteed update 1 install?

First want to make sure you mean VS 2015 and not the VS 15 release candidate that is doing the rounds? If the later then all bets are off as this basically beta software at the moment.

If VS 2015 then have you tried to repair your install or re-install. I can't believe it is that broken as the update has been out a while and there would be uproar. That said I am still on update 2 currently.

Unless you can find an ISO for the earlier version the web installer will pull in the latest. Even if you find you might need to uninstall then run a cleaner afterwards. VS tends to put its hooks in deep on a machine it is installed on

I am on Update 3, and I haven't seen uproars about VS 2015 being completely broken lately. (Unless I'm looking in the wrong places at the wrong times.)

I believed the only way for you to revert/downgrade to Update 1 is if you reinstall VS 2015, then update to Update 1. Use the official Visual Studio uninstaller, linked here, for the best possible results.