Help me with estimating a budget

Started by
1 comment, last by frob 7 years, 7 months ago

I'm trying to research the development cost of my game project that I have designed with GDD, other doc, spreadsheets, etc but could use additional input. I'd like to know the salary cost mostly of different skills and fields needed for each art, programming, ai, etc. Some of these things I can do myself but not any of the advanced AI programming.

It's a 3D action adventure game

Graphics are to be reasonably good but not aiming for AAA

Medium sized playable areas (size of about 8 fps game maps) detailed with 100-200 props per area

14 3D characters, 30 animations across most of them

40 game items

6 NPC Factions

Advanced AI generation system (6+ Faction AI behaviors, many AI behaviors responding to player action, simulated world AI)

UI/Interface for notifications and manipulating items

Combat in different forms

If anyone with experience in working on these should shed some insight on the cost and time to do any of these that would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

I'd like to know the salary cost mostly of different skills and fields needed for each art, programming, ai, etc.

As a back-of-the-envelope calculation, either $10,000 or $15,000 per developer per month for their total costs.

It's a 3D action adventure game ... ...

Nowhere near enough information.

Look for projects that are comparable size and scope. Find a few that other people made, figure out roughly how big their teams were and how long it took them. It will likely cost similar to other similar products.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement