• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dvds414

Noise Recalculation for Ambient Occlusion

This topic is 684 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have written a shader to successfully do ambient occlusion in XNA and it has given me this result: https://gyazo.com/0bf260d8cdf9853a93440ca1a645eed7

The ambient occlusion here is not very intense and that is intentional. My question is should I recalculate my noise map every frame for the more "random" feel of indirect lighting? Or should I just use one static noise map like I currently am. Instead of even recalculating a noise map every time I could just create a coordinate offset every time for the sampling, I guess that's an option. Does anyone here have an opinion or some knowledge if this is commonly done? Or should I leave my shader as is?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!