• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libopenal.so.0.0.6 not found

This topic is 5991 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux programming. I am using Kylix for my application. I get this error libopenal.so.0.0.6 not found. I have copied the .so file to /usr/sbin, the application folder and to other folders in the PATH variable, but I still get this error. Does this have to do with the path setting? The PART env variable contains /usr/sbin also. What is the problem? Another question: How do I set the env variable in Linux? What is the command or tool? Amresh ramresh@dsqsoft.com

Advertisement
Have you run ldconfig (8) to let the OS know there''s a new DSO ?

Environment variables : depends on the shell. For bash it is export. (check the help for the syntax)

there is a .bash_profile (notice it begins with a dot, that makes it invisible for a simple ls, use ls -a) for the bash shell in your home directory, it acts kind of like the autoexec.bat in old DOS, open it up in your favorite editor, I am sure that just reading ityou will find out how to add env variables, if you want to make those vars permanent this is the place to add em too, usually you first give a value to the var, and then export using colons as separators:

$ PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin
$ export PATH

or something like that I might me missing a couple $ simbols.

I am using RH7.1 and cant seem to find the Idconfig executable. Does it go by another name in RH7.1?

Amresh
ramresh@dsqsoft.com

quote:
Original post by amreshr
...Idconfig

That was l dconfig.

quote:
Original post by Kwizatz
if you want to make those vars permanent this is the place to add em too, usually you first give a value to the var, and then export using colons as separators:

Your .bash_profile file is for variables for your own user account. Since most people frequenting these boards are running Linux as single users (aka "root with a different username"), you might also want to tell tham about the one under /etc so they can make system-wide changes.

• Advertisement