• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Josheir

From visual studio 2008 to visual studio 2015

This topic is 829 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I bought a new windows 10 system.  I am trying to put my old 2008 visual studio project on the win 10 2015 visual studio.  What I have is a directory on a flash drive that is now a different drive letter.  The files used to be on root H: (a flash drive.) and it now shows up as E: on the other computer.  Does the drive letter need to be H: or will E: work fine too?   What do I need to do?

I found the project file and it still builds on vs 2008.

I am wondering if I can play around with open project (will it give me hints) or is it just going to make things unworkable if it fails?

Thank you,

JoshuaE

Oh, and my backup is two additional directories deep, do I need to put it at the root too? Edited by ApochPiQ

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!