Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apocalypse Demo Viewing

This topic is 5896 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Wow!!! I just seen some of the entries for the contest let me say - hell of a job to you all - won''t name any names of the demos I seen - just wanted to express my excitement for the great job Good Luck to you all

Hmm, how could you see them before deadline? Are there any pages I haven''t seen yet?

thx

-- tSG --

lol

I am Jeff''s (NeHe) Girlfriend thats how I have seen them I sure hope there''s more entries coming too - I think he has only recieved like 10

lol...... its just Nehe with a new name..

J/K

Jeff''s pretty lucky I guess, having a girlfriend that gets excited at this kinda stuff too

Good to hear the entries are cool, can''t wait to see them. ( I didnt enter.. no time , but should be good to see anyway )

~Cobra~

wow, jeff have a good luck get a girlfriend like you !
do you have some friend for me i will be very happy encounter a girl with a such entousiasm ( excuse me my speaking i''m french so ... )
little word for jeff : you''re a pretty luky guy you know ...
well i''m exciteing too seeing this contest, and i regret there wasn''t no more contest ( even without price but proud is enough no ? )
a little lsg for cobra, i regret you doesn''t have time to make an entrie in this contest , perhaps the next time ?
i hope you could post your new link for your site soon ( cobra3d )

Guest Anonymous Poster
maybe shes ugly as hell

lol....... good job that was an anonymous poster that said that... *glares at everyone... must be one of you*

RealHabs..... Im working on getting a new host, I''ll have my own .com and a few hundred meg of space (gonna cost, but meh, I should get more visitors in then)

btw.... the site has been totally revamped and I have 6 tutorials ( one of them kinda the same as one on Nehe''s site ) that will go up too.

Dont count on it anytime soon though.... im totally skint lol, just browing for hosts.

(ps...... sorry this was off-topic.... just replying )

(bwuahaha)

*****And now to make my post related*****

Cant wait to see the entries, wonder if any of you have used any kind of new effects like shader technology (I saw a really good program some time ago with an asteroid heading towards earth that used shader technology, then explodes... was schweet).

Anyway.... look forward to your entries...

~Cobra~

oooohh boy.

I have entered the contest and there is a longish story behind it but to summarise it I gave up on my first entry (too many bugs) and did a second entry in about 1 week. I am worried that I didn''t do too well, but at least I entered something. It is my first contest so I wasn''t expecting much. Now cobra starts talking about vertex shaders I think I am going to cry!
*boohoo*

*sniff*

/me pulls himself together.

*sigh*. Maybe it won''t be that bad .

------------------------------
Baldur K

Anonymous Poster "Whats wrong lose your balls when you where a child"? or perhaps your still one

Baldurk - Like I said all the demos I seen for the contest where really cool

The annonomous (damn I can''t spell) poster was someone who likes DirectX. No respect at all... NeHe lover isqueen of this world, and NeHe is king. Your lucky I can''t find your IP Adress and hunt you down. I''d have to send my pet panther out for you.

I can''t wait till I am good enough to make something for a contest.

I think the winner should be Knighted by King NeHe or Queen NeHe_Lover.

lol.

Hmpf, and I thought VisualBasic coders were freaks. Actually I thought opengl had a good implementation... But seeing the people who use it (and what they are like I''m not sure I should touch it with a 40ft pole =-)

"So much fun, so little time."
~Michael Sikora ( So what if I *lean* torwards DirectX? )

Disclaimer: I''m just kidding around, I''m sure some of you are normal ...

Disclaimer Part 2: Ok, ok, this post is all in good fun, please take it lightly =) ( Except for the VisualBasic coder comment. You people are freaks! =)

Exciting moment in my life. I''m sending the demo in this moment to nehe. Arggh, it''s more than 2mb, 20 minutes
Anyway what kind of technics did you use in your entries?
ie. I used stencil effects, bezier key, tunnel and fade. That''s my tools
What about you?

ps. Nehe Lover: wow, you''re a girl and interested in computer coding? Very nice!! And you are also a very lucky person, cos'' you have seen the demos... Anyway speak to NeHe in my interest Just joke, the better must win.

-- tSG --

Is the closing time midnight (server time)? Am busy prising myself off my sickbed to finish in time

gregs: good question, I dunno. I had the same problem, but now has been solved Good luck to you, be able to finish the big work! Btw. I think the finish time is the next midnight in ca. gmt+8.

-- tSG --

Guest Anonymous Poster
I submitted an entry on Monday but have heard nothing back. Could this mean there was a problem or maybe Jeff never got the demo? I am basically wondering if others who entered the contest received a confirmation that the demo arrived in tact. I would hate to have done all that work for no reason.

If you''re in the UK - any ISP that goes through BT have lost emails. My mother was not happy!

Hey, sorry for interrumping but I have been asking how I could do I new thread but no one answer me, can anyone of you help me?

Jeff is posting the names all the people he has recieved demos from for the contest. And the deadline has been extended to Monday in hopes that more entries will be recieved. Soooo get codin

What did NeHe understand under "it will be cancelled"? The contest will be cancelled or the extend?
It was in the today news.
thanks

I took it as meaning the compo would be cancelled. I''m trying to finish - really I am!

The whole compo?
But it would be a shit. What about us who have already made the demos? We spent hours on making them and that doesn''t count?!
I can''t believe it. It must be the extend (hope)

Have no fear the contest is not cancelled - Jeff''s earlier post was that he was extending the contest till Monday (at midnight) to see if more entries would be coming - he only had 7 at the time and wanted 10 for the contest - but as of now 6:55pm he has 11 demos - so no more worries - just get your entries in - there all looking really good (SO AM I) - its going to be a GREAT contest May the best Man/Woman (if there are any) win!!