• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cptn Rotgut Redbeard

Introduction and plans... sort of

This topic is 743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Those point and click adventure games, where the biggest challenge was trying combinations of items to finally get some obscure end result that would open a previously locked window and progress the story. The art and creativity were in the sprites and the story.

Don't get me wrong, there are some titles that stand out in the mobile world (Device 6, Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery, 80 Days, and others), but game play seems to have taken a simplistic turn.

These two lines together make me wonder what you are looking for exactly. They read asif your heart is still in the point&click adventure games. While that genre is not main stream any more, it's still alive and kicking. Look for Interactive Fiction (the overall term for adventure-ish games). I also know one point&click game authoring system, namely AGS (adventure game studios). There are several such authoring systems, so look around.

Edited by Alberth

I also know one point&click game authoring system, namely AGS (adventure game studios).

Thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out!

Note to others, search specifically for "Adventure Game Studio". AGS gets you things like the "American Goat Society"...

The starting price is a bit steep (to get all of the mobile options it makes the most sense to get the Master Collection), but for my hopes are those constraints are quite a ways off.

fyi, it's available very cheaply for another 12 hours (as of the time of this post) ... $15 including HTML5, Android, iOS, UWP modules:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

Edited by phil_t

The starting price is a bit steep (to get all of the mobile options it makes the most sense to get the Master Collection), but for my hopes are those constraints are quite a ways off.

fyi, it's available very cheaply for another 12 hours (as of the time of this post) ... $15 including HTML5, Android, iOS, UWP modules:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

God Bless HumbleBundle. I hope buying this won't break my current installation of GameMaker.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!