Whats with the ads are being dropped message

Started by
2 comments, last by ankhd 7 years, 7 months ago

If the ads where safe I would allow them in but so many are malware. been bitten once not a gain.

Are your ads safe, do you check them out first before allowing them on here.

Advertisement

"They" don't allow them, it's Google adds as you can see in the corner of each add.

You're not getting malware from anything unless you have an old unpatched system / browser or are actively clicking on something.

We take safe advertising very seriously and invest in ensuring safe delivery. For this reason we believe asking users to whitelist GameDev.net is not asking much - if we didn't care about the ads being served and everyone received malware then we would only be hurting ourselves and the community.

Highest priority ads are the ones coming from our customers directly. Those are obviously screened.

Next are the networks - Google Adsense and Amazon. These are reviewed on a weekly basis and/or removed from distribution if reported.

So yes, we do review the ads. Every once in a while one sneaks in on us, but once it's found we remove it immediately.

FWIW, we receive lucrative advertising offers from networks on a regular basis, but very few of these networks can be trusted to deliver safe advertisements. It's always been our position that while there must be a fine balance between ensuring the survival of GameDev.net and providing a safe experience for all of our users, in the end the safe experience for users always has priority.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Ok cool. I'll unblock it. I think I clicked that one dirty add it was a game. I thought it was part of game dev image of the day. After that ad I installed adblock

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement