• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edans Sandes

gl.h glu.h glaux.h *.lib

This topic is 6112 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
GLaux is deprecated, it is no longer updated and SGI suggests that you don''t use it. Microsoft is the entity responsible for making OpenGL32.dll and coincidentally responsible for making opengl32.lib and glu32.lib for Windows. Unfortunetly, Microsoft hasn''t update either the DLL or Library files for many years, so you''re out of luck if you want new versions.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

www.opengl.org would be the best site for OpenGL stuff, I would think.

Artificial intelligence is the devil... resist intelligent NPC''s

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche

the problem is the following... i cant use any texture function because it(Borland c++ 5.01) tells me that the function doesnt exists... end it isnt declared in any of the header files(gl.h glu.h glaux.h).. and i really dont know what to do... i downloaded a source code from nehe's and it didnt compiled because of this!!!
does anybody know what can i do???

Edited by - Edans Sandes on November 23, 2001 1:57:30 PM

Hey... I wanna help...

I have a code source from a project and in there it uses IrisGL
I tried to find something about this "IRISGL" and don''t have much sucess....

Someone can explain something about IRISGL? the source code was from a UNIX OS ....

thanks

Edson

Your version of Borland probably has OpenGL 1.0 headers (instead of the 1.1 headers that most Windows compilers have, and the 1.2/1.3 headers every other platform has). If you download the new version of the Borland compiler (5.5.1 I think) from Borland.com it has updated headers and libraries . Look for the Borland "command line tools."

IrisGL isn''t OpenGL, it is different. However, almost all OpenGL functions have an exact IrisGL replica . I don''t know much more than that.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

i have downloaded the borland 5.5 and extracted the libraries ,headers and the "bin" folder like u have told me... and it still having the error:
unresolved external "glGenTextures" from module lesson6.cpp
unresolved external "glBindTexture" from module lesson6.cpp

i tryied to open the binary file of opengl32.lib and it seems to import glGenTextures and glBindTexture from opengl32.dll ... and i open this dll file with quick view and there are also those funcions...
the *.exe file that i got from this lesson is working fine... but the source code isnt compiled..!

Edited by - Edans Sandes on November 23, 2001 3:10:05 PM

i have no idea... i think borland c++ search and link all the libraries that is called from the source code...
i think if it dont link the libraries there would be that compile error message for all the others functions that i'm calling (glTraslatef,glRotatef,glColor3f,etc...)...
maybe i'm wrong.. i dont know

Edited by - Edans Sandes on November 23, 2001 6:32:42 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!