• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
grumpyOldDude

adb.exe severe error

This topic is 827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For a while now, I have continuously had an adb.exe severe error, which has now so far halted my development.

The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured.
You must restart adb and Eclipse.
Please ensure that adb is correctly located at 'C:\Users\ndcp\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe' and can be executed.

I had followed and implemented a few suggested solutions to this particular problem from SO to the letter but still the problem remains for me.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21304324/the-connection-to-adb-is-down-and-a-severe-error-has-occured-you-must-restart-a

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4072706/the-connection-to-adb-is-down-and-a-severe-error-has-occured

adb.exe exist at the location,

I have reset the 'Environmental Variable path' to the location

while eclipse was closed, I ended the adb.exe process in task manager,

in cmd line, I changed dir to adb location  ..../android-sdk/platform-tool>

kill-server, then start-server

restart eclipse again, but problem still remain, can't run program as the above error stubbornly remain

Does anyone have a solution?

Many thanks

Advertisement

Does it still happen after a reboot?

Occasionally after a server crashes some of the resources don't automatically release. Otherwise those instructions should work. 

Does it still happen after a reboot?

Yeah, the error  did continue after reboot.  

But I have eventually found the cause and solved it -> my anti-virus software Avast 

Crashing is part of development - and not always a bad thing... even to get to know the boundary of what is possible. But anytime anything crashes Avast takes this as the enemy

I had known for a while that avast does a kind of 'sandboxing' to adb.exe if crashes occur. But if that happened I had always thought disabling avast here [attachment=33233:avast dis.jpg] was sufficient to get my program running again, but this time disabling Avast wasn't enough.

And i didn't know that, instead I was searching for solutions all over the internet.  ...Until some hours ago when I realised that even though Avast is disabled at the taskbar, it was still running at the background. ...when I got into task manager and killed off avast process, the error disappeared and I got my program running again

Avast!!!  :angry:

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!