• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Shark-bit Games

ABC or Die

This topic is 762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You will descend into Death's domain while collecting treasure, reaping greater rewards the deeper you go. Not only will you evade Death itself, but many dangers and monsters that lurk below. Fortunately, all paths are marked with what they lead to, so read carefully to find the safest path. Your vocabulary of mythical beasts will be tested, but stay away if you don't know what it is -- odds are it'll kill you!

ABC or Die is a fast paced arcade game that involves word recognition. I grew up loving many classic arcade games and I wanted to make something I'd enjoy that's inspired by them. Easy to understand how to play and what the goal is, but designed so skill and strategy can be developed and create a huge gap in score between someone just starting and an expert. No paying $x for y power ups, just self-improvement. ABC or Die shares that design and style, and has a unique feel involving vocabulary and quick word recognition.

It's a tricky game, where I'm seeing people starting out scoring very low. There is a lot of room for improvement in making it to the lowest floors.

I'm not a fan of it but due to the market I've budged on using IAP for unlocking cosmetics, though they can be unlocked through gameplay as well. And while it'd be great to generate revenue from it I'm happy to have a game I built that I enjoy playing and always have with me. It'd be awesome to see others enjoy it as much as I do.

If you're interested you can find and read more about it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharkbitgames.abcd
Or through my website: http://www.sharkbitgames.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!