• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ben3d

[3D] Shovel

This topic is 734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

When ever I see new 3D artist start selling in assets stores I always feel the need to warn them: buyers don't value the items as much as you do.

Normally I would take my freelancer fee, divide by ten and then again divide by four to price my model.

So a shovel would cost $20/10 =$2/4 = $0.5 = How much people think it is worth.

The problem with asset stores is that no one can see how long it takes to make it, so they assume that it's worth a lot less than it is and won't buy it unless you price it in a range they think it should be at.

You should also focus on a theme and then after finishing all the pieces sell them as one set at half price, doing this I used to make a average of $60-$120 a month from the assets I made during my practice time each day.

Edit: A key part of selling assets in a set, is checking that they all share a constant texel density.

Edited by Scouting Ninja

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!