• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gianluca Pappalardo

Mastema out of hell

This topic is 713 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

You may wan to look at a limited number of early bird Pledge tier for the digital Copy. A good number of games have done this with a fair success rate.

Nice work!

The art work is very good and the music fits the game. The controls are simple and responsive.

I found a couple of things that I don't know if you are aware:

- You can fire and use power ups when you are dying/dead.

- The "continue" button doesn't work. I could not keep playing from where i lost.

- The first stage is "Stage 2" and the second and third stages are "Stage 7".

- In the first stage, at this point:

l4FeWFm.png

If I don't jump when the platform breaks, there's no way I can reach the other side of the acid pit so I had to kill myself if I wanted to get to the other side. You should provide a way to continue or make some platforms reappear after a certain time.

And one suggestion: The continue button should appear after you die, not the first time you play the game (unless you can save your progress) and the continue button should be the highlighted option after a game over to prevent the player from starting a new game and deleting any progress made.

Keep up the good work! 

Edited by Jh62

Nice work!

The art work is very good and the music fits the game. The controls are simple and responsive.

I found a couple of things that I don't know if you are aware:

- You can fire and use power ups when you are dying/dead.

- The "continue" button doesn't work. I could not keep playing from where i lost.

- The first stage is "Stage 2" and the second and third stages are "Stage 7".

- In the first stage, at this point:

l4FeWFm.png

If I don't jump when the platform breaks, there's no way I can reach the other side of the acid pit so I had to kill myself if I wanted to get to the other side. You should provide a way to continue or make some platforms reappear after a certain time.

And one suggestion: The continue button should appear after you die, not the first time you play the game (unless you can save your progress) and the continue button should be the highlighted option after a game over to prevent the player from starting a new game and deleting any progress made.

Keep up the good work! 

Thx for suggestions ;) This is still an alpha build so of course alot of things are not working properly, but we are working on it :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!