• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Cheapskate01

Middle ground between full realism and full style

This topic is 672 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In the planning stages of a game I'm working on, I struggled with trying to find a good style for it. I want it to be realistic, but not TOO realistic. I want to find a middle ground between Complete stylization and complete style. Anybody have any ideas? I can't think of how to do this, other than through the use of colors. Does anyone know a good midpoint between style and realism that still looks good?

Advertisement

that still looks good?

Take any art style, ask 100 people if it looks good and you will have a 100 different answers. Choose a style which you like, other people will share your opinion, many not, regardless what you do.

I struggled with trying to find a good style for it

Well,there are many games out which are a blend between realistic and stylized art nowadays. Best to research in newer titles like Overwatch or Witness and try to find titles with an art style which come close to your vision.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!