• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rhodyn

My first game ambience. (Want feedback please)

This topic is 668 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Whilst of thinking of ways to stop ear fatigue from the same beat looping over again. I decided to include 2 ambience pieces in each area of my game so you won't get bored of listening to the same piece over and over again.

Please provide feedback and tell me how it sounds!

Note: This loops at around 0:33. This will not loop in game. It will start up after a while, similar to WoW.

Edited by Rhodyn

Advertisement
It's a lovely melody, one that I found myself humming for a while after my first listen. That's a very good sign! But I don't hear much difference between the various statements of that melody. There's a lot of opportunity here to make a very strong piece of music with the foundation you've laid.

Consider ways to make more contrast so it sticks out to the casual listener more. Only flute. Only strings/pad. Change of chords. Instead of held notes, change to an arpeggio. Etc.
Same melody now in a different instrument, say a piano. Then even later piano plays melody while the flute does a counter melody.

It's a lovely melody, one that I found myself humming for a while after my first listen. That's a very good sign! But I don't hear much difference between the various statements of that melody. There's a lot of opportunity here to make a very strong piece of music with the foundation you've laid.

Consider ways to make more contrast so it sticks out to the casual listener more. Only flute. Only strings/pad. Change of chords. Instead of held notes, change to an arpeggio. Etc.
Same melody now in a different instrument, say a piano. Then even later piano plays melody while the flute does a counter melody.

Haha thank you! I'll take all you said into consideration.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!